Cooking shows are continually gaining popularity. That could be the reason many individuals are picking up their spatulas and stepping into the kitchen. Once summer rolls around, who wants to leave the comfort and coolness of being poolside to step into the indoor kitchen and start dinner?
With so many outdoor kitchen ideas, you can add even more hours to the time you spend outside around the swimming pool. The swimming pool contractors at Hawaiian Pool Builders work with pool owners to create outdoor living space that is both functional and beautiful and that often includes adding an outdoor kitchen.
An outdoor kitchen enhances family time, a gathering of friends and is a perfect way to entertain. You also know that the kitchen is typically the most popular room in the house, and you’ll find this is true when you have an outdoor kitchen constructed.
There are a few items you will want to consider before making the leap into having your swimming pool builder construct an outdoor kitchen or patio area around your swimming pool, they are:
- What kind of cooking will you be doing? Are you looking for an elaborate set up that will take you from scrambled eggs for breakfast to soufflés for dinner? Do you plan to only grill burgers and hot dogs or are you looking to accomplish something in between? The amount and depth of the cooking you want to do outside will dictate the type of stove and oven set up you will want to install as well as the type of outdoor storage such as cupboards and refrigerator space. When buying your outdoor kitchen equipment, go for quality as it will have to withstand the elements and you want it to last for decades. If you don’t have the budget for an elaborate kitchen set up, one of our design team members can help you prepare to start small and build up annually.
- Is your kitchen going to be the focal point of the backyard or do you want it to simply blend into the landscape? This will need to be determined before you start the project. You may want to have the kitchen set up nestled into a corner of the backyard off to the side of the swimming pool so that you can get to it when you need to but you may not want it to be front and center; again this choice is dependent on the type and amount of cooking and entertaining you will do.
- What else do you have planned for your outdoor living space while the cooking is going on? For many individuals cooking and eating are the highlights of the time spent around the swimming pool. What if you plan on turning your outdoor living space into an extension of your house complete with sitting area and big screen televisions to watch sporting events? Will your friends be content to simply mingle and relax while the meal’s being prepared? Do you want to add music or other entertainment? How about having a fireplace or portable fire pit installed for those nights when the air is just a bit chilly?
- How much outdoor living space can your backyard accommodate? Don’t plan for a large kitchen and outdoor living area if you have limited space available. Keep your budget and space limitations in mind when making your plans.
- What incidentals will you need to plan for? Ask your swimming pool builder for design ideas that include all eventualities such as plumbing or electricity. If you’re looking to have an area for a big screen television, will you need a waterproof, sheltered area for it? Consider all options and opportunities for your outdoor living area.
The time spent to carefully consider and design your outdoor living area will be worth it and allow you to take full advantage of the space you’ve created.
“Don’t run!” is something that many parents shout to their children whether they are running in the house, in the grocery store or around the swimming pool. Children, being children, however, don’t always listen.
When you’re spending time with your children around the family swimming pool you will want to institute a “no running” policy around the pool and the deck. It is much too easy for an excitable child to slip and fall on the wet deck surfaces. You certainly want your kids to run, skip and play, just not around the pool. Continue Reading
It’s likely that you have taught your children that peeing the pool is not acceptable. Chances are, you urge them to get out of the water at least every thirty minutes to go to the bathroom, right? Well when it comes to public pools, there may or may not be parents in attendance who will do the same. Chances are, there are no parents in sight because the public pools typically provide on-site lifeguards.
If you or your child are swimming in a public pool, you just might be swimming in quite a bit of urine. When you have your own swimming pool, you can rest assured that not only are your children getting out of the water to use the bathroom, but that the water is clean and clear and free of bacteria. Continue Reading
Having a swimming pool in your backyard is such an enjoyable benefit and today’s high-tech pool equipment and accessories can add to your enjoyment and make pool maintenance much easier. Hawaiian Pool Builders offers these eleven must-haves for your swimming pool. Continue Reading
Building a swimming pool in your backyard involves more than just the construction itself. It’s also important to look at your entire landscape to see how your dream pool fits into the existing landscape. In some cases, you may need to change your existing landscape to suit the pool design you desire. Continue Reading
Daydreaming about the perfect backyard is fun, but there are many decisions to make to create a backyard retreat that works for you. That’s where we come in. Our pool designers have years of experience designing spaces that compliment both your home and your lifestyle creating a personal retreat right at home.
Here are four fire and water-side features for your backyard retreat: Continue Reading
Your swimming pool installed and now comes the fun part – the installation of a diving board and slide. They certainly can be fun, but you have to practice caution and follow some safety rules.
A lot of people view a diving board as simply an add-on to the pool fun, but diving boards are the cause of many a backyard mishap. It should be routine for your swimming pool builder or service professional to check that your diving board is secure and in safe operating order. He or she will ensure that none of the hardware has become loose and that there are no cracks in the foundation securing the diving board. Continue Reading
Whether you’re in the beginning phases of a new swimming pool construction project or if you’re working with your swimming pool contractor to remodel your existing pool, adding a custom in-ground spa might be an option to discuss with him. In-ground spas offer a unique look from both inside and outside of the pool and also provide a versatility the pool didn’t have before. Continue Reading
If you decided to make New Year’s resolutions and if one of them was “getting in shape” the good news is that a swimming pool is the ideal location to keep you on the right track. Michigan Swimming pool contractor, Hawaiian Pool Builders, understands that for many people a swimming pool is a place to host parties and frolic with the children. We also understand that getting in shape in a swimming pool doesn’t even feel like work so it’s easy and fast to jump in, swim a few laps or do water aerobics or even play some water volleyball with the kids and get in shape at the same time. Continue Reading
Having a swimming pool means you have instant access to a party hot-spot. Summer may seem a distant dream, but it will be here before you know it. Why not kick off the season with a pool party? Once we’ve opened the pool and balanced the water chemicals, you’re ready to invite friends and family. Continue Reading