Using a swimming pool cover is a wise choice but we often find that people don’t use them for a variety of reasons. Often, we are asked questions such as:
- When should you cover your swimming pool?
- When you’re not going to use it for an hour or two? Overnight?
- When you’re on vacation and the pool won’t get used for a week?
The answer is that ideally, you should cover it any time you’re not using it. Taking the swimming pool cover on and off isn’t always easy and quick, though an automatic or liquid pool cover is nice, it’s simply a good habit to form.
If you own a swimming pool, chances are you know that we always talk about the benefits of swimming pool covers.
There are multiple reasons that we believe that all pool owners should use a swimming pool cover and here are five:
- A pool cover can save water. The cover will keep heated water trapped. It will also help with evaporation and saving water from evaporation will save on having to refill the pool and by adding additional chemicals.
- A cover can save time when it comes to cleaning it. Using a cover keeps dirt and debris from getting into the water. You may also pay less on pool maintenance bills because your pool service pro will have less work to do.
- Using a pool cover can help save on your utility bills. If you have a pool heater, using a cover will trap the heat from the water and save money on running the pool heater.
- A quality pool cover can last more than a decade – with proper care. When making a pool cover purchase, look for quality and durability. You will also want to look for a cover that can offer safety attributes.
- Pool covers can save lives! In addition to helping you save money and protect the pool itself, a swimming pool cover is an additional layer of protection to keep pets and children from accidentally falling into the water. Even if you have a pool fence – which many municipalities require – a pool cover amps up the safety.
Money savings, and the safety features are two great reasons to invest in a swimming pool cover. Ask us about the best pool cover style for your particular pool shape, depth, construction material and lifestyle. A cover could pay for itself over a couple of seasons of use.
Swimming pool covers come in myriad colors and designs. You can invest in a cover that reflects your unique decorating style or your family’s love of a favorite sports team. Pool covers come in plastic, mesh or vinyl and the material will be a factor in both price and the longevity of the pool cover.
Whether you’re a new pool owner or a long-time pool owner looking for an upgrade, consider investing in a pool cover to provide protection and cost savings.