Like any new endeavor, planning and building a pool can be exciting but it can also create a lot of questions, and for some, a bit of anxiety! If you are ready to build a swimming pool in your backyard but don’t know where to begin, we have few ideas to share with you!
- Create a photo book of ideas. Collect photos from magazines, Pinterest or other sources to determine the type and style of pool you like.
- Establish a budget. This should be one of the early steps and you should communicate this with our design team.
- Be flexible! You may have a desired spot in your backyard for your swimming pool but remember to consider the natural surroundings, best view, soil quality and more. Though you might have the ideal spot and design picked out, be sure to consider your contractors recommendations as they are indeed the expert in swimming pool construction!
- Consider how you plan to use the pool. How do you intend to enjoy your pool once installed? Will you swim laps, entertain in the evening, have pool parties for the kids? All of these factors need to be considered as you may want to add options such as a heater, lighting, waterslide, spa, outdoor kitchen, etc…
- Consider maintenance. Do you plan to clean your pool on your own or hire a professional pool cleaning service? You may want to consider automatic pool cleaners and conveniences to help make maintenance a breeze! Your swimming pool builder can also provide control systems to operate pumps and heaters, disperse chemicals, clean debris, and manage the lighting.
- Don’t overlook insurance. Talk to your agent before you begin to make sure that your pool will be covered by your policy so you understand the extra liability.
- Think Safety First! Talk with your pool contractor about layers of protection such as safety covers, fencing, and alarms.
The design experts at Hawaiian Pool Builders can help you make the best decisions for your budget and space so you can enjoy years of backyard fun in your swimming pool.