Kids of all ages like to swim and picking out the right swimsuit and accessories are important! The suit is part of fashion, after all, but the toys, floats and other accessories can add to the fun and functionality.
One item we know is practically a must-have for kids in particular is a good pair (or three) of swim goggles. There are a few benefits to using them when you swim.
- Goggles make it easier to see clearly under water and can protect your eyes from chemicals in the water.
- A tinted pair can also provide protection from UV.
- Inexperienced swimmers often feel more comfortable.
- Head to the dollar or big box store and you can find all kinds of goggles but how can you know that you’re finding a good pair?
- Be sure to try them on and look for one that provides a good watertight seal. Goggles that leak will simply be annoying and worthless. Also check on how comfortable the nose bridge is so that it doesn’t pinch or cause discomfort.
- Look for hypoallergenic material to reduce the chance of allergic reactions.
- Seek out lenses with anti-fog and scratch resistant coating.
- Find goggles that adjust easily. Many come with a double strap and some simply adjust near the temple. Either way, be sure that you find one that fits comfortably around your head. Goggles should fit a little more on the snug side, particularly around the eyes.
Don’t be surprised if you end up buying more than one throughout the season as you may find they don’t fit as well as you’d like or you may just scratch, break or lose them.