Having an in-ground swimming pool in your backyard can add hours of fun for family and friends. Hawaiian Pool Builders helps you create an oasis for entertaining and summer enjoyment! Whether you’re looking for a gunite (concrete) swimming pool, vinyl liner pool or a fiberglass pool, Hawaiian Pool Builders has the expertise to design the swimming pool to meet your needs.
Backyard barbeques and swim parties are exceedingly welcome after the long cold winter and slow start to the season. However, before you take that first dip, consider safety.
Slips and falls as well as carelessness can result in serious injuries. Building a swimming pool that considers safety, beauty and functionality is something Hawaiian Pool Builders does with the greatest of care! Severe injuries can result from falling on slippery walkways and decks and falling from diving boards and ladders. Having an expert in your corner helps to identify and reduce safety concerns.
For your pool:
- Use non-slip materials on the pool deck, diving board and ladders.
- Mark water depth so swimmers know how deep your swimming pool really is.
- Check your pool and equipment periodically for cleanliness.
- Conduct preventative maintenance inspections.
- Be sure all sharp edges and protrusions are covered.
- Check ladders to ensure all bolts are tight and safe. Check railings to see if they are securely fastened.
- Check all your electrical equipment to ensure they are working properly and have ground-fault interrupters.
- Be prepared for an emergency by having safety rescue equipment such as poles and life rings near the pool at all times. Having your cell phone or a portable home phone nearby is also very important.
- Keep a first aid kit nearby
- Consider decorative fencing and gates. You might also purchase an alarm for the entrance as an additional safety measure to prevent anyone from entering your swimming pool without your awareness.
- Learn CPR. This can be beneficial anywhere, any time!
- Teach children how to swim and float as well as what to do in case of an emergency.
- Provide adult supervision when the pool is in use
- Don’t swim alone. Anything can happen and a deep pool is not the area for unexpected accidents while alone.
An inground swimming pool adds value to your home and provides hours of enjoyment. Be sure to consider safety first and your summer will be off to a splash.