Pool landscaping – poolscaping – is one of the most enjoyable parts of a swimming pool project. The finishing touches on a pool helps create a lovely atmosphere. It is also one of the biggest opportunities that homeowners have to let their creativity shine and working with the design team at Hawaiian Pools Builders you can be assured that you’re making decisions that will add beauty and enhance your enjoyment.
Here are just a few things to consider as you work with the design team to create your dream backyard oasis:
- Safety – this is one of the most crucial factors to take into consideration when putting together your pool-landscaping plan. Poolscaping can add both aesthetic touches as well as standard safety measures.
- Patios – consider extending the deck around your swimming pool into an entire patio area. You can turn your pool area from functional to beautiful. Consider plants and trellises to add beauty and create a privacy barrier if needed. A colorful flagstone walkway, overstuffed pool furniture and outdoor lighting are additional options to consider.
- Storage – for both convenience and practical reasons you can add a small storage area to the swimming pool area. You can work with your swimming pool contractor to see about the construction of a pool house if you’re looking for something more functional than to serve as pure storage. A pool house can be large enough to serve as a guesthouse or small enough to simply be a spot to store pool equipment or change into and out of bathing suits.
- Accessorize – it’s the small touches that add the most benefit to a landscaping design. The small touches can include potted plants, poolside tables, the colors and designs of your patio furniture as well as the inflatables you have in your swimming pool.
- Hardscapes – Pool patio hardscaping can bring beauty and safety to pool areas. We typically recommend materials such as pavers and natural stone. These materials are durable, not slippery and easily be removed and replaced if necessary.
- Shade Structures – Gazebos, arbors, pergolas and other shade structures near pool areas provide a nice place to get out of the sun. In planting trees to create shade areas, keep in mind placement and type of tree to avoid planting trees that will shed debris into the pool or cause damage to the pool with their roots.
Spend time with your Toledo swimming pool contractor and you’re bound to come up with a swimming pool project and landscape plan that you will enjoy for many years to come.