As a pool owner in Northwest Ohio or Southeast Michigan, you may not be thinking about opening your swimming pool for the 2019 swim season yet, but you can bet that we are. Believe it or not, your friends and neighbors have likely been calling to get on the pool opening schedule for spring already! Why? Because once spring rolls around, and it will come more quickly than you’d imagine, our schedules quickly fill up and it will be harder for you to find a time slot to get your pool ready for that first wonderful day of swimming. Continue Reading
If you love to swim, chances are you either belong to a gym, club, community center or visit the local public pool in your area. Have you considered having your own private pool? Continue Reading
A swimming pool without accessories is like a fish without fins. At Hawaiian Pools, our experts understand that adding a ladder or slide, adds to the fun and enjoyment you and your family have in your swimming pool all season long.
There are items that need to be taken into consideration when you’re thinking of adding a slide or diving board though, and your Michigan swimming pool builder is the go-to professional for those questions as they relate to whether your pool is large enough to accommodate these accessories. You will work with your pool builder to develop a plan for the best quality and material for your accessories as well as a plan for their safe use.
Here are items you and your pool builder will need to take into consideration before making any final decision on accessories for your swimming pool:
- The size of your pool will determine the accessories you can use. Prior to purchasing pool items such as slides or ladders you need to know the dimension of your swimming pool. There are specific guidelines that need to be met before these accessories are allowed (usually by municipal law).
- Materials used in the construction. There are slides and diving boards on the market made of many types of materials ranging from rubber to plastic to steel and cement materials. The type you choose may be predicated on the type of swimming pool you have as well as its construction material. Price and longevity will also figure into the building material you choose.
- The design of your swimming pool needs to be taken into consideration when choosing the length of the slide and diving board. There are slides in straight styles, semi-spirals or curved designs. Each design serves a purpose and each design will also be best accommodated by a particular style of swimming pool. Again, your swimming pool builder is your best source for advice.
- An in-ground swimming pool versus an above ground swimming pool will also bring with it its own unique design options. Slides and diving boards are made for the specific type of swimming pool you own.
- The final step is to work with your swimming pool builder to purchase and have him install the diving board or slide. It is best to have a trained professional do the installation to assure safety for all who use the accessory.
Regardless of whether you’re building a new swimming pool this season or looking to breathe new life into your existing swimming pool, a diving board or slide will do just that.
No doubt, this has been an odd winter for most of the country. And thankfully, it won’t be too long before Mother Nature ushers out Old Man Winter. Once Spring arrives, we can expect rain. Spring rains can affect your pool, and your pool’s water. Here’s four ways spring rains affect your pool.
Rain is acidic: Because rain is acidic, it lowers the pH of your swimming pool water. Acidic water can damage your pool’s heat pump and filtration system. Additionally, acidic water irritates the eyes and skin. Rain also brings contaminants from the atmosphere and leaves and twigs from nearby trees. This additional debris can incrementally affect your pool water’s pH, clog the filter and cause more problems if not addressed. Continue Reading
You know that in summer months people love to take a dip in your backyard pool but consider throwing a themed pool party with a few of our hints and tips complete with decorations, games, food and invitations.
Invite your girlfriends and have a women’s only spa day. Invite your friends to a day of lounging by the swimming pool, sipping cocktails and getting manicures and pedicures! Hire the services of a beautician or a manicurist for an afternoon of pampering. Offer each guest a pretty gift container filled with nail files, nail polish, toe separators, pumice and indulgent lotions. Once the mani/pedis are over, relax poolside at tables draped in pink or purple (or your favorite color!) and provide light snacks, fruits and mini cupcakes.
If you are a swimming pool owner, or if you are considering becoming one, now’s a great time to think about your pool landscaping. Continue Reading
While it may not seem like it, winter is the ideal time of year to begin planning for your summer swimming pool construction project. You may wonder why, especially if the snow is flying, but getting your ducks in a row means you can spend unhurried time with the swimming pool contractors from Hawaiian Pool Builders to develop the plan for the ideal pool for you and your family. Continue Reading
It’s in the news almost daily – childhood obesity is becoming an epidemic in the United States. For that matter, it’s impacting adults as well as children. What can you, as an adult and/or a parent do? If you have a swimming pool, we believe you have an ideal place for family fun and activity that doesn’t even seem like exercise. Continue Reading