If you own a swimming pool, you may be looking for ways to have more the fun when you’re not in the water – because chances are you won’t spend all of your waking hours in the pool, right? Having a plan for fun when you’re not swimming or floating on rafts makes great sense because when the summer sun is high in the sky you certainly don’t want to be indoors.
Here are some ideas for ways to spend time together with family and friends in your backyard:
- Plant a garden. This is a great way for you to spend time together and to watch the fruits of your labor bloom into food & flowers you can have on your dinner table.
- Set up “blanket tents” and sleep outside with your family.
- There are many different types of furniture that will help you enjoy your fun in the sun. There are “reading lounge chairs” similar to massage chairs where your face fits through a hole in the chair allowing you to place your book beneath you and read. If you’re looking for additional storage space poolside, look for lounge chairs that have storage capacity under the cushions.
- If you have the room, set up a game area – maybe a basketball hoop, ping pong table or volleyball net.
- If you love the look of an outdoor fire, add a fire pit. Enjoying time in the evenings relaxing by the fire is a great way to end the day especially on those cooler nights.
- Invest in an inflatable or plastic swimming pool. Fill it with sand and toys and watch the kids have hours of fun making sand castles or playing with trucks or toys. Their imagination will come to life as they play in their own little “beach”.