Your swimming pool is probably one of the most enjoyable aspects of your backyard in the warm summer months. Many people hire Hawaiian Pools to clean and maintain their pool. Our technicians are knowledgeable, trained and know precisely how to maintain the chemical balance and keep your pool water sparkling clean.
We also know that some pool owners like the do-it-yourself approach to pool care. If you fall into this category, Hawaiian Pool Builders offers some tips and suggestions regarding pool chemicals.
First and foremost, remember to read and follow the manufacturer’s instructions on all packaging very carefully. In the event of a chemical spill or accident, be prepared to follow emergency procedures outlined on the packaging and call 911 if necessary.
- Store chemicals in a cool, dry place. Keep out of direct sunlight.
- Keep chemicals out of the reach of children and pets.
- Do not move chemicals into another container or one that is unlabeled.
- Keep containers closed when not in use.
- Do not use chemicals that you cannot identify or that are expired.
- Store in a cool, dry place out of direct sunlight.
- Do not store pool chemicals near paint, grease, gasoline or other flammable products.
- Always read and follow the instructions on the container.
- Wear protective gear when handling chemicals including eyewear, gloves and clothing.
- Make sure you have proper ventilation when using chemicals.
- Do not mix chemicals together unless specifically instructed to do so on the container.
- Do not use chemicals near heat or flames.
- Avoid smoking when handling chemicals.
- Do not put spilled chemicals back into their containers.
- Do not smoke when handling chemicals.
Taking care of your pool isn’t a difficult task, just one that needs to be handled carefully. If you have any questions about caring for your pool or want to schedule a date for Hawaiian Pool Builders to open your pool for the season, call us at 419.878.7946.