Did you know that the addition of a swimming pool can increase the overall resale value of your home? It’s true. Before you make any backyard decisions, you will want to talk with us, a trusted Ohio swimming pool builder.
Your swimming pool will enhance the resale value of your home, as well as give your hours of enjoyment. In some areas of the country having a swimming pool is considered a must, but in all areas, it’s seen as not only a way to beat the summer heat but to add to the resale of your home.
An in-ground swimming pool can add to the value of your home by as much as 15%. In today’s housing market having additional money in your pocket and enhancing your ability to set your home apart from the others on the market are two selling points of an in-ground pool project.
Here are some items you should consider before constructing a swimming pool in your backyard:
- What style, size and shape of swimming pool best suits your property and the style of your home?
- Does the state of the current housing market lend itself to your being able to recoup your investment?
- Do the other homes in your area have swimming pools?
- Will you be adding the swimming pool for the fun and entertainment of your family or are you only thinking of it as an investment?
- Will you have an in-ground pool in your backyard or do you have the space in your home to have an indoor swimming pool or spa?
- When you choose an in-ground swimming pool you will be choosing from:
- Gunite swimming pools are similar to concrete and are finished with aggregate, fiberglass, tile, plaster or paint. These pools work well in areas where the temperatures fluctuate.
- A vinyl liner swimming pool has the same basic structure as an above ground swimming pool. A vinyl liner swimming pool is the least expensive of the in-ground pool types.
- A fiberglass swimming pool is a long-lasting beautiful option. These swimming pools are a one-piece fiberglass structure that simply fits into a hole that’s been excavated. Hawaiian Pool Builders explains that unlike vinyl liner swimming pools, a fiberglass swimming pool is a hard shell that isn’t prone to tears.
Regardless of the type of swimming pool your Ohio swimming pool builder constructs, know that it is a lifelong commitment and not one to be taken lightly. Having a swimming pool should be as much about the fun and entertainment for your family as it is about the eventual resale value it adds to your property.