A backyard swimming pool is the perfect place to host an Under the Sea birthday party. When the party is for younger children, it’s important to have adequate adult supervision. It might even be wise to hire a life guard for the party, that way you are free to attend to party details.
- Tropical fish floats – toss in the pool as decoration
- Fish netting – drape decorative fish netting over your fence or use it as table covers
- Streamers or crepe paper – use a combination of deep blue, turquoise, and green streamers or crepe paper. Attach to tables as table skirts, the door into your home or the backs of patio chairs.
- Seashells – scatter an assortment of shells on top of patio tables as decorations
- Fish-shaped sandwiches – make tuna fish, chicken salad or PB&J sandwiches. Cut into the shape of a fish using a cookie cutter
- Goldfish crackers
- Underwater sea cups – in a clear plastic cup, make blue gelatin dessert and top them with granola, crushed graham crackers, and whipped topping. Decorate the outside of the cup by gluing on a real seashell.
- Octopus hot dogs – slice hot dogs in half lengthwise, leaving about two inches connected at the end for the head. Turn the hot dog and slice each half again, creating four “legs.” Cut each of the four legs in half again.
- Sugar cookies – sprinkle them with cinnamon and sugar to look like sand
- Gummy fish candy cups (pictured below) – place gummy fish in plastic cups
Party Games & Activities
- Sharks and Minnows – This is a game of water tag. The game starts with one shark and several minnows. The player who is the shark hangs out in the middle of the pool. When the shark yells “Minnows”, all the minnows jump into the pool and try to swim to the other side without getting tagged by the shark. The last minnow becomes the shark in the next round of the game
- Ping Pong – Drop ping pong balls in the water. Mark them with numbers, letters or initials. The first one to gather the most ping pongs or the ones with their number, letter or initial, is the winner. The more ping pong balls the better!
- Sand art station – provide guests with a small fish or shell-shaped bottle found at craft stars. Provide several containers of colored sand and allow guests to fill their bottle with sand as they choose.
Before the party, you can have one of our qualified pool technicians come to your home to ensure that the chemicals are balanced properly, and take care of any other items that may need a bit of attention. Call the showroom to schedule your appointment today.