Building a backyard swimming pool is exciting for the whole family but there are many things to consider before starting the project. Hawaiian Pool Builders has a design team ready to help you think about all aspects of a new pool from the size, shape, color and maintenance. We have 5 tips to help you put everything into perspective and give you the tools you need to guarantee years of enjoyment.
- Determine your swimming pool budget. This is important early in the process so that you know what you are willing to spend on your new swimming pool. This will also help your pool builder as you discuss and plan your backyard pool. You might also want to consider the cost of additional home owners or liability insurance.
- Visit home shows, look at magazines, the internet and create a look book of photos you particularly like. Be sure to list what you like about each of the pools images you save. Then share your collection with your designer so he or she will have an idea of your likes & wishes.
- Invite your swimming pool builder to your home to see the space you have to work with. After looking through your photos and seeing your setting, your designer can help create a pool that works well your natural surroundings.
- Think about how you intend to use the pool and how often you will swim. You may choose different options based on whether your pool is primarily for adults, kids, exercise or entertainment. Discuss your wishes with your designer as you may find that you want add-ons such as a heater, slide, or spa. You will also want to add layers of protection for children, pets, and guests such as fencing, alarms and safety covers.
- Consider how you intend to maintain your pool. Our experts can clean your pool on a weekly basis or you may want some education on how to do it on your own.
Hawaiian Pool Builders will assist you through the process from planning to maintaining a swimming pool in your backyard.