Making the decision on a swimming pool builder for your pool project is an involved process. It’s not as simple as going to a pool builder’s store and pointing to a picture in a book. Do your homework and research so you choose a quality, reputable pool contractor.
Finding the best Ohio swimming pool builder can make the difference between having an amazing addition to your home or having a swimming pool that doesn’t live up to your expectations. Here are tips from the swimming pool building professionals at Hawaiian Pool Builders on important factors in hiring a pool installation contractor:
- Reputation: A quality swimming pool builder like Hawaiian Pool Builders will have references and a reputation that speaks for itself.
- Experience: When it comes to custom pools, the design and construction process is not one that can be learned overnight. The best contractors have a wealth of knowledge and experience.
- Examples of prior swimming pool construction projects: A contractor should be able to show you photos of before, during and after of pools he or she has installed and may also be able to offer you on-site visits of completed projects. Visit our Gallery for a portfolio of our work.
- Pool installation process: While it may be a routine event for Hawaiian Pool Builders to install a pool, it’s likely a first time process for you. Our design team will lead you through the process step-by-step. There should be a consultation period where you tell the contractor what you’re looking for and discuss the options. If you’re considering a custom design, it’s crucial that you review the design well before a shovel is stuck in the ground.
- The contract: Our team will provide you with a contract that spells out the rights, responsibilities, and final outcome. A reputable contractor will never proceed without one and will never expect you to pay for the entire project upfront. As a well-known Ohio swimming pool contractor, we will spell out timelines as well as financial obligations as they relate to project overruns.
With some time and research it’s possible for your pool installation to go smoothly and then provide your family with hours of fun, healthy entertainment. It’s also never too soon to begin the process for your swimming pool; next summer’s swim season will be here before you know it!