Swimming pool styles, shapes and designs run the gamut in building materials, colors, and the intended use. While you do need to know the material from which you’d like your swimming pool constructed, you also will have wanted to determine the intended use. Will you use it for exercise only? Or, entertaining and family fun? Of course, your swimming pool will more than likely meet a combination of desires, but if one trumps the other, make sure you let our professional designers at Hawaiian Pool Builders, your Ohio Swimming pool builder, know what that is. Since your swimming pool will enhance your lifestyle, its intended use needs to be identified in the early stages of planning.
We’ve compiled five considerations for your Ohio swimming pool project:
- Exercise swimming pools are typically longer and narrower than fun-leisure swimming pool styles. A lap swimming pool is usually at least 25 feet long and three and a half feet deep. There are also swimming pools that are designed for lap swimming only and these are narrow – perhaps one lane wide – and these are perfect for individuals whose yard space is limited. If you’re looking to water aerobics as your exercise, you will want a pool that is deeper than the lap pool length, usually five to six feet deep.
- Swim spas are great for individuals looking for a water workout. These swimming pools are usually about 12 feet long and are equipped with equipment to generate strong currents that you swim against to build strength and endurance. You can even swim against the current and remain virtually in the same spot. These swim spas are a viable option for those whose yard space is at a premium.
- Leisure and fun are the usual motives for having a swimming pool constructed because having your own swimming pool is a great way to spend quality time with friends and family and a fantastic place to cool off in the summer. If you’re looking for an inexpensive pool design, the rectangle or oval styles still remain popular and are budget friendly. If you have a large budget you may opt for a swimming pool in a unique shape or design, look into various pool construction material options and even look at installing amenities such as slides, diving boards, waterfalls, sun shelves, etc. The accessories are almost endless. A swimming pool can have a consistent four-foot depth or have a shallow and a deep end to accommodate all.
- Swimming pool parties. If this is your lifestyle – entertaining in and around the swimming pool you will want to work with your Ohio swimming pool builder on the landscaping that will accompany the pool. Surrounding your swimming pool with a new patio or a pool house, deck or gazebo and furnishing it with an outdoor kitchen, bar, and patio furniture should be part of your budget considerations.
- Bottom line for a swimming pool is relaxation. The time you spend in your swimming pool with friends and family will make memories to last a lifetime. Some families opt to upgrade their swimming pool project through the addition of a hot tub or spa either as a stand-alone structure or as a build-in to the swimming pool. If this is something you’d like to explore, make certain you talk with your swimming pool contractor during the construction discussions.
Careful thought, consideration and planning will help ensure you get the swimming pool of your dreams.