Composite pavers are the latest alternative to concrete pavers frequently used for pool decks.
They are very durable, slip free, and are about 1/3 the weight of concrete. Installation of composite pavers, like concrete pavers, involves a compacted, level sand base but beyond that step, installation is far easier!
Before you choose the material for the decking around your swimming pool, you should be aware of some additional things about composite decks.
- A deck constructed from composite pavers will stand up to harsh weather and is fade resistant meaning in strong sunlight it may fade to a lighter color tone.
- There are many colors to choose from, and since they are composite, there’s no need to paint or stain your deck.
- You have endless design options. You can choose herringbone, brick stack, and pinwheel or create your own unique design.
- They are eco-friendly in that they are made from up to 95% recycled material.
- Your deck won’t require annual maintenance other than routine cleaning with a hose.
A deck around your pool is frequently wet from kids splashing and people just getting in and out of the pool. Also, in wet climates or areas that are heavily wooded (making it harder for things to dry out), composite decks are great because they are mold resistant. Initial costs might be higher for material and labor but over the lifetime of your pool deck, you will find this option to be more cost effective.
Hawaiian Pool Builders installs composite pavers for many of our pool projects. Meet with our design team to discuss the options available for your project.