As soon as you become a swimming pool owner you become a gathering place. There is nothing more fun or exciting than inviting over friends and family to your house for a swimming pool party on a hot summer day. When the sun goes down, that doesn’t mean the fun has to end because that is the time to for LED twinkle lights on the deck area and some floating candles in the swimming pool to set the mood.
As your Ohio swimming pool builder, when you work with us, we can help you make certain your swimming pool is always party-ready.
We’d like to offer a few tips:
- The first thing to consider when deciding to host a swimming pool party is to make certain the swimming pool water is clean and swim-ready.
- Equip the swimming pool area with pool safety devices such as life jackets, a telephone, CPR instructions and a person who has been designated as keeping an eye on the children who are in the pool.
- If you have plastic utensils and disposable plates and cups you won’t have to worry about spending time in the kitchen on clean-up duty. Also, plastic utensils and cups will prevent any worries with broken glass around the swimming pool. Keep all glass objects away from the pool area as you’ll be preventing any injuries to either swimmers or your pool lining or filters.
- Keep pool tables and chairs a safe distance away from the swimming pool so there are no accidental slips into the water.
- Keep trashcans away from the pool and deck – you don’t want to have an unwelcome mess near the pool.
- Just as drinking and driving don’t mix, neither do swimming and drinking. If you do offer alcohol, be sure someone is on duty to provide a measure of safety.
- Food should also be prepared and stored properly. Don’t let your food sit out, uncovered and unrefrigerated. Keep the cold food cold either in a refrigerator or on ice until you’re ready to serve it. Make certain your grilled foods are thoroughly cooked as well.
- Keep extra towels and beach shoes on hand for guests who drop by unexpectedly.
- If the party goes on into the night, be prepared to burn a few citronella candles or light some tiki torches to add to the ambiance and to keep mosquitoes at bay.
You’ll find that swimming pool parties can be relaxing for you and your guests as long as you’re prepared with safety in mind.